SCS Spring Meeting 2017
«Homogeneous Catalysis: New Paradigms, Wonderful Applications»
Fri, April 21, 2017; 09.00-17.30h
University of Bern, Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry,
Freiestrasse 3, 3012 Bern
The SCS Spring Meeting is an annual, one-day symposium organized by the Division of Fundamental Research (DFR) of the Swiss Chemical Society (SCS) with lectures of national and international top-experts in the field. The 2017 edition will focus on homogeneous catalysis and will show new paradigms with wonderful applications.
- Prof. John Hartwig, Berkeley, USA
«Selective Functionalization with Small and Large Catalysts»
- Prof. David Milstein, Weizmann, Israel
«Design and Applications of Sustainable Catalytic Reactions for Synthesis and Energy»
- Dr. Rocco Paciello, BASF, Germany
- Prof. Morris Bullock, Pacific Northwestern, USA
«Design of Molecular Electrocatalysts for the Production and Oxidation of Hydrogen»
- Prof. Hansjörg Grützmacher, ETH Zurich
«Fun with Funny Organophosphorus Compounds»
- Prof. Pedro Perez, Huelva, Spain
«Coinage metal-based catalysis for methane functionalization»
Alfred Werner Prize Ceremonies and Lectures 2017
The SCS Spring Meeting is also the platform for the Werner Price Ceremonies and the Werner Award Lectures. The 2017 winners are
- Prof. Kevin Sivula, EPF Lausanne, who was awarded for his significant contributions to the advancement of materials and methods for photoelectrochemical energy conversion
- Prof. Christof Sparr, University of Basel, in recognition of his outstanding contributions to the asymmetric synthesis of single atropisomers of hindered aromatic compounds using organocatalysis.
SCS General Assembly
During the lunch breack, from 13.30-14.00h, the SCS will hold it's annual general assembly.
Looking forward to meet you at the 2017 Spring Meeting!
Prof. Martin Albrecht, University of Bern
David Spichiger, Swiss Chemical Society
David Spichiger, SCS