Chemical Ecology Network
The SCS Network on Chemical Ecology focuses on interactions between plants, herbivores and herbivore natural enemies, that are important determinants of ecological processes in nature. It connects experts in the field and provides a platform for interdisciplinary discussions between chemical biology, analytics or environmental chemsitry.
The aims of the ChemEco Network are
- Promoting chemical ecology as an important interdisciplinary field between Chemistry, Biology and Agriculture.
- Disseminating information through the network and support meetings, seminars, workshops and lectures.
- Establishing and maintaining links and collaborations with like-minded professional societies and institutions, in Switzerland and abrod.
- Organizie the bi-annaul symposium ChemEco.
- Take the guest editor role for a CHIMIA issues on Chemical Ecology on aregular basis.
- Publish the CHIMIA column on Chemical Ecology.
Prof. Matthias Erb, University of Bern
Chair of the Network, Biotic Interactions
Prof. Laure Weisskopf, University of Fribourg
Bacterial Volatiles and Plant Health
Prof. Christelle Robert, University of Bern
Prof. Sergio Rasmann, University of Neuchâtel
Functional Ecology Laboratory
Prof. Merry Schuman, University of Zürich
Remote Sensing Laboratories
Dr. Ivan Hiltpold, Agroscope
Entomology in Field Crops and Viticulture
Dr. Claudio Screpanti, Syngenta Crop Protection AG
Soil Health Center
28. Aug 2022 - 16:00, Lisbon Congress Centre
The ECC is a scientifically excellent European chemistry meeting that reflects the outstanding research being done in Europe as well as its role in the international scientific community.
08. Sep 2022 - 09:00, Universität Zürich, Campus Irchel, Departement für Chemie
The SCS Fall Meeting offers a unique opportunity for all members of the community to share the results of their research initiatives. With nine parallel sessions, two plenary sessions and a huge poster session the event stimulates the exchange of ideas between all generations of chemists.
24. Aug 2023 - 13:00, Universität Bern, VonRoll Areal
The SCS Fall Meeting 2022, one of the largest annual research conferences held in Switzerland and offers a unique opportunity for all members of the community to share the results of their research initiatives and to connect with each other.