Division of Industrial and Applied Chemistry (DIAC)
The Division of Industrial & Applied Chemistry (DIAC) of the Swiss Chemical Society is a forum for chemists, chemical engineers and process engineers interested in industrial chemistry, chemical production, chemical process development and related fields. The DIAC with its about 300 members is the networking platform in Switzerland to promote sustainable industrial chemistry and chemical process technology to benefit society.
The aims of the DIAC are
- to promote industrial chemistry and chemical process technology in all fields of chemical development and production
- to disseminate information through the organization and sponsorship of meetings, seminars, workshops and lectures
- to provide a network for knowledge transfer and discussion and for interdisciplinary collaborations
- to highlight the importance of chemical production and process development in research and education, industry, commerce and politics
- to establish and maintain networks and collaborations with like-minded professional societies and institutions, in Switzerland and abroad
- Organize the bi-annual, two-day Freiburger Symposium that is dedicated to a specific sustainable industrial chemistry topic. DIAC members benefit from reduced fees.
- Offer a company visit with presentations and a site tour at a Swiss chemical manufacturer incl. the DIAC’s members’ assembly.
- Showcase latest research highlights in Swiss R&D with the bi-annual Swiss Industrial Chemistry Symposium (SICS).
- Give insight in challenging activity fields of chemists in chemical developmend and production with presentations of DIAC-members for students at Universities (e.g. scientific presentations, career track events)Finance the Sandmeyer Prize every other year and offer a platform for the award lecture at the Freiburger Symposium.
- Award excellence in industrial and applied sciences with a number of awards in related fields.
- Co-organize ILMAC, the traditional trade fair for Laboratory and Process Chemistry in Basel and Lausanne.
- Publish a CHIMIA issue on an industrial topic every other year.
Prof. Roger Marti, Hochschule für Technik und Architektur Fribourg
President, Member of the SCS Board of Directors and Co-Chair of the Freiburger Symosium
Dr. Urs Brändli, Dottikon Exclusive Synthesis AG
Member of the Board
Ing. ETH Stephan Gentner, Mibelle Group
Member of the Board
Dr. Thomas Heinz, Novartis Pharma AG
Member of the Board and Chair of the Swiss Industrial Chemistry Symposium (SICS)
Dr. Stefan Hildbrand,, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
Member of the Board
Ing. ETH Urban Jenelten, Firmenich SA
Member of the Board and Co-Chair of the Freiburger Symposium
Dr. Niklaus Künzle, Lonza AG
Member of the Board and Delegate in SusChem CH
Dr. Maurus Marty, DSM Nutritional Products Ltd
Member of the Board and Delegate in the Swiss Flow Chemistry Network
Dr. Andrea Sting, Syngenta Crop Protection AG
Member of the Board
19. Oct 2021 - 09:00, Messe Basel
Since 1959, ILMAC has been the sole Swiss industry fair for chemicals and life sciences that depicts all the industrial applications in process and laboratory technology. As a user-oriented trade fair, ILMAC is geared to experts in pharmaceuticals, chemicals, biotechnology, food, drinks, cosmetics and others.
19. Oct 2021 - 10:00, Messe Basel
The Symposium will showcase the great potential of the Flow Chemistry technology and will focus on intensification and sustainability in chemical processes. The symposium is the part of the ILMAC Basel 2021 Forum program.
20. Oct 2021 - 09:00, Messe Basel
One-day symposium with lectures, award lectures, discussion forum and roundtables about the topic 'Renewable Feedstock and Biomass Valorization'.
21. Oct 2021 - 09:00, Messe Basel
The symposium is a one-day event with a focus on artificial intelligence and digitalization in chemical research. It is part of the ILMAC Forum program and is embedded in the ILMAC fair.
26. Nov 2021 - 10:00, Syngenta Research Center
The 2021 edition will focus on Topic «Chemistry lab of the future». It's a great opportunity to strenghthen the link between chemical industries and academic laboratory.
07. Feb 2022 - 10:00, Le Domaine Notre Dame, Villars-sur-Glâne (Fribourg)
The SCS Seminars are three-days educational event with a focus on topics relevant for the Swiss chemical and pharmaceutical industry but that are not necessarily part of the academic curricula. The first seminar in 2022 will focus on Flow Chemistry.
28. Sep 2022 - 09:00,
Since 1959, ILMAC has been the sole Swiss industry fair for chemicals and life sciences that depicts all the industrial applications in process and laboratory technology. Focus topic: "Sustainable Solutions in Laboratory and Production".
24. Aug 2023 - 13:00, Universität Bern, VonRoll Areal
The SCS Fall Meeting offers a unique opportunity for all members of the community to share the results of their research initiatives. It also stimulates the exchange of ideas between all generations of chemists, often creating the seeds for new projects and collaborations.
Vol. 73, 10/2019: Continuous Flow Chemistry – Industry and Academia Perspectives
Vol. 73, 09/2019: Green and Sustainable Chemistry
Vol. 72, 03/2018: Quality Aspects in Industrial Chemistry
Vol. 70, 09/2016: Division of Industrial and Applied Chemistry: Game Changing Innovation in Chemical Production
Vol. 68, 12/2014: Life Science START-UPS in Switzerland
Vol. 67, 10/2013: Trends in Energy - Efficiency, Recovery and Production : The Role of the Chemical Industry
Vol. 67, 09/2013: Technology Fair ILMAC 2013
Vol. 66, 05/2012: Geneva Pharma
Vol. 64, 09/2010: ILMAC
Vol. 61, 09/2007: ILMAC 2007 Messe und Kongress
Vol. 61, 01-02/2007: Chemistry Makes Life Easier
Vol. 60, 10/2006: REACH: Registration, Evaluation, and Authorization of Chemicals
Vol. 60, 09/2006: Process Chemistry
Vol. 59, 04/2005: ILMAC 2005
Vol. 59, 01-02/2005: World Scale Production in Switzerland
Vol. 58, 09/2004: Pharmaceutical Industry in Switzerland