CHF 5'000METAS honors with this award a young and promising scientist working in Switzerland for an outstanding contribution to the field of metrology in chemistry and/or biology. The price is announced nationally and is restricted to persons who are, at the time of the submission deadline, affiliated with Swiss academic or research institutions.
METAS awards the price annually under reservation of suitable nominations.
We solicit nominations from all individuals including self-nominations.
A complete nomination includes:
- A cover letter clearly stating why the candidates contribution to metrology in chemistry and/or biology is outstanding (max. 1 page)
- Max. two supporting nomination letters.
- A brief curriculum vitae of the nominee (max. 2 pages)
- A list of the nominee's scientific publications
The deadline for all documents to reach the Swiss Chemical Society is September 30, 2023.
The award committee will evaluate nominations and decides about the winner at the end of the year. The award ceremony takes place at the annual CHanalysis (April/May 2023) organised by the Division of Analytical Sciences of SCS. The awardee is expected to give a presentation at the CHanalysis as well as at the Federal Institute of Metrology METAS.
- Bernd Güttler, PTB Deutschlang, Metrologie in der Chemie
- Kai Stölting, METAS, Metrologie in der Biologie
- Jürgen Stohner, ZHAW, IUPAC
- Markus Obkircher, Merck AG, zertifizierte Referenzmaterialien
- Hanspeter Andres, Federal Institute of Metrology METAS
2023: Dr. Michael Stravs, Eawag Dübendorf
2022: no award was given
2021: Dr. Kristýna Kantnerová, Empa Dübendorf
2020: Mr. Kamyar Mehrabi, ETH Zürich (Trace Element and Micro Analysis)
2019: no award was given