Physical Chemistry Network
The aims of the Physical Chemistry Network are
- Organizing meetings, seminars, workshops and lectures.
- Providing networking platforms for physical and theoretical chemists to exchange ideas and expert knowledge between academia and industry.
- Disseminating community information and promoting activities of partner organizations.
- Representing the community’s interests in national and international organizations.
- Organize the SCS Fall Meeting Physical Chemistry Session.
- Coordinate and promote activities of the RSC journal Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics (PCCP), of which SCS holds shares.
- Inform the community via Social Media channels and this website.
- Take the guest editor role for CHIMIA thematic issues on a regular basis.
- Represent the Swiss Chemial Society in the EuChemS Division of Physical Chemistry
Prof. Stefan Willitsch, University of Basel
President of the SCS DFR Board
Prof. Thomas Bürgi, University of Geneva
Member of the SCS DFR Board and SCS Delegate in the EuChemS Division of Physical Chemistry
Prof. Frédéric Merkt, ETH Zurich
Member of the SCS DFR Board
Prof. Martin Quack, ETH Zurich
Member of the SCS DFR Board and coordinator of the PCCP relationsship
29. Aug 2021 - 13:00, Online Conference
The 27 th Colloquium on High-Resolution Molecular Spectroscopy (HRMS) was initially planned on-site. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the event will be held for the first time as an online conference to fulfill the regulations of the government and to facilitate safe exchange of scientific information.
10. Sep 2021 - 09:00, Online Conference
The SCS Fall Meeting is the largest annual scientific event in Switzerland. It offers a unique opportunity for graduate students, post-doctoral researchers and scientists of all levels, from both, academia and industry, to share the results of their research projects.
18. Sep 2021 - 13:15, ETH Zürich, Hönggerberg
The symposium is dedicated to the physicist Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen (1845 - 1923). Several talks will highlight Röntgen's biography, as well as the current state of research and applications, in which X-rays play a fundamental role.
11. Oct 2021 - 10:00, Hotel Schloss Gerzensee
A hands-on workshop for PhD Students, Postdocs and junior industry researchers. At the end of this two-day workshop, you will master basic knowledge in intellectual property and will have answers to the following questions: How does patenting in life sciences affect – my career? – academic research? – the society?
Vol. 72, 06/2018: CHIRALITY: Symmetries and Asymmetries
Vol. 71, 05/2017: The Lausanne Centre for Ultrafast Science (LACUS)Vol. 70, 03/2016: Physical Organic Chemistry
Vol. 68, 01-02/2014: Crystallography, Past, Present, Future
Vol. 64, 06/2010: Molecular Electronics
Vol. 59, 12/2005: Chemistry in Nuclear Power Production
Vol. 58, 05/2004: Theoretical Chemistry