Division of Polymers, Colloids & Interfaces (DPCI)
The Division of Polymers, Colloids & Interfaces (DPCI) has about 300 members from both academia and industry. The scope of activities and interests of the DPCI community are diverse and interdisciplinary and range from the synthesis and investigation of polymers and colloids, to the study of nanomaterials, soft and living matter as well as surfaces and interfaces.
The aims of the DPCI are
- to promote research and education in all aspects related to macromolecular science, colloids and soft matter.
- to foster and strengthen the community network.
- to inform members about the latest results and trends and provide a forum for discussion.
- to promote interaction between the different disciplines of macromolecular science, soft matter and colloids as well as between basic research and application and between academia and industry.
- to establish and maintain links with like-minded professional societies and institutions in Switzerland and abroad.
- Organize Polycoll, an annual conference with national and international experts
- Chair the Polymers, Colloids & Interfaces sessions at the SCS Fall Meetings.
- Collaborate with corresponding divisions of other countries to organize symposia and workshops on topics of current interest.
- Support and promote the activities of the SCS Materials Chemistry Network
- Publish the CHIMIA column ‘Polymers &Colloid Highlights’.
- Publish a CHIMIA issue on the topics Polymers, Colloids & Interfaces on a regular basis.
Prof. Harm-Anton Klok, EPFL Lausanne
President, Polymer design at nanoscale, biologically-inspired polymers
Prof. Esther Amstad, EPFL Lausanne
Prof. Athina Anastasaki, ETH Zürich
Prof. Holger Frauenrath, EPFL Lausanne
Macromolecular and Organic Materials
Prof. Raffaele Mezzenga, ETH Zürich
Food and Soft Materials
Prof. Markus Niederberger, ETH Zürich
Dr. Laurent Sagalowicz, Nestlé, Lausanne
Prof. Christoph Weder, Adolph Merkle Institute, University of Fribourg
Polymer Chemistry and Materials
15. Jun 2021 - 09:00, Zoom Meeting
The European Symposium of Photopolymer Science (ESPS) aims to bring together the brightest minds from both academia and industry to collectively present and discuss the fundamental issues within this still burgeoning field. The meeting consists of seminars from not just European but international leaders of photopolymer science.
10. Sep 2021 - 09:00, Online Conference
The SCS Fall Meeting is the largest annual scientific event in Switzerland. It offers a unique opportunity for graduate students, post-doctoral researchers and scientists of all levels, from both, academia and industry, to share the results of their research projects.
08. Sep 2022 - 09:00, Universität Zürich, Campus Irchel, Departement für Chemie
The SCS Fall Meeting offers a unique opportunity for all members of the community to share the results of their research initiatives. With nine parallel sessions, two plenary sessions and a huge poster session the event stimulates the exchange of ideas between all generations of chemists.
24. Aug 2023 - 13:00, Universität Bern, VonRoll Areal
The SCS Fall Meeting offers a unique opportunity for all members of the community to share the results of their research initiatives. It also stimulates the exchange of ideas between all generations of chemists, often creating the seeds for new projects and collaborations.