Swiss Women in Chemistry
The aims of the Swiss Women in Chemistry Network are
- Generating visibility for female chemists through a professional network for women at all stages of their career, from senior executives to junior scientists.
- Providing an open platform for the exchange of ideas and experiences.
- Supporting young female researcher in their professional development through a mentoring program.
- Collaborating with other organizations and corporations through various networking events.
- Organize mentors-mentees dinners in the Remandie, the Basel and the Zurich region
- Publish community news on the website, in CHIMIA and the social media channels.
- Facilitate access to female experts for lectures, media communications and panel discussions.
Our mentoring program has been running since 2019 and it helped to support over 30 mentees in their professional development. Our 3rd series is currently running. We are looking for motivated, mid-career female scientists like yourself, who would be interested in mentoring a student (Master, Phd) or postdoctoral scholar in Switzerland. Interested in participating as mentee? We welcome all the Swiss Chemical Society members. The mentoring program is based on ideally monthly meetings, which can take place completely virtually or in person or as a hybrid format, as per preference of both the mentor and mentee.
Apply as a mentor/mentee.
Dr. Maud Reiter, Firmenich S.A.
Dr. Rachel Hevey, University of Basel
Prof. Dr. Rebecca Buller, ZHAW
Social Media contributors
Marina Banzi, Ferring
Hsin-hua Huang, University of Basel
Inga Shybeka, University of Geneva
28. Aug 2022 - 16:00, Lisbon Congress Centre
The ECC is a scientifically excellent European chemistry meeting that reflects the outstanding research being done in Europe as well as its role in the international scientific community.
More information and pictures taken at the event on the website.