Hello and welcome to the February edition of Brussels News Updates, the EuChemS newsletter keeping you up-to-date with the latest developments affecting the chemical sciences, as well as our news, activities and upcoming events!
With the International Year of the Periodic Table now in full swing, we look back on what has been an incredibly busy but exciting early 2019, with events taking place in Brussels to Murcia, without forgetting the fantastic opening ceremony in Paris. But aside from celebrations, important policy developments are taking place, not least with our issued statement on ‘Plan S’ for open access in scientific publishing, EU-UK relations and their impact on science, and more besides.
- EuChemS issues statement on the implementation guidelines of Plan S and attends latest OSPP meeting
- Year Book 2018 published
- The #IYPT2019, the Periodic Table and EuChemS
- ‘Elemental Escapades!’: the new EuChemS video game
- ECHA submits proposal for ban on microplastics
- When international collaboration creates Chemistry
- Science week in the European Parliament
- Women and the Periodic Table
- Join us for our upcoming event!
- Members of the European Parliament warn of ‘snail pace on pesticide innovation’
Consultations & Roadmap
- Call for feedback: High and low Indirect Land-Use Change (ILUC) – risks biofuels, bioliquids and biomass fuels
- Public consultation: Evaluation of the feed additives Regulation
Calls for Funding and Awards
- Horizon 2020: Converting Sunlight to storable chemical energy
- Horizon 2020: Safety Research and Innovation for advanced nuclear systems
David Spichiger, SCS