SPS Prizes, each endowed with CHF 5000, will be awarded again in 2022.
The work submitted must have been carried out either in Switzerland or by Swiss nationals abroad. The work will be judged on the basis of its significance, quality and originality.
Deadline for submission: January 31, 2022.
The prizes will be presented at the SPS Annual Meeting 2022 in Fribourg.
The Program includes the following prizes:
- SPS Prize donated by the company ABB Switzerland AG for an outstanding research work in all fields of physics.
- SPS Prize donated by the company IBM Research GmbH for an outstanding research work in the field of condensed matter
- SPS Prize donated by the company Oerlikon for an outstanding research work in the field of applied physics
- SPS Prize donated by the Swiss Federal Institute of Metrology METAS for an outstanding research work related to metrology
- SPS Prize donated by COMSOL Multiphysics GmbH for an outstanding research work in the field of computational physics
- SPS Prize sponsored by Hitachi Energy Switzerland AG for outstanding research work in the field of energy technology.
With these prizes, the SPS would like to recognize young physicists in the early stages of their career, in any case before they reach a permanent academic position or before they have been working in a start-up company or in industry for more than three years, for outstanding scientific work.
More information: sps.ch/en/awards
David Spichiger, SCS