Interactions between plants, herbivores and herbivore natural enemies are important determinants of ecological processes in nature and need to be better understood to guarantee a compatible and sustainable management of our natural environment.
The SCS likes to support Chemical Ecology community and formally implemented a new network of Chemical Ecologists under the umbrella of the Swiss Chemical Society.
Prof. Matthias Erb from the University of Bern committed to take the lead of this network and to nominate members for the core team. The goal is to implement first initiatives in 2021. Potential activities are:
- CHIMIA column 2-6x p.a.
- CHIMIA issue every 3-4 years
- Symposium (1 day with focus on Swiss activities to form the community: invited lectures, contributed talks, poster session)
- Conference 1-3 days (national/international with different session, international speakers)
- Workshops/Expert round tables
- News, Social Media, Newsletters