Webinar on Tuesday, 5th November 2020, 13.00-15.00 CET
The webinar is jointly organised by the European Chemical Society (EuChemS) and Maria Spyraki, Member of the European Parlament.
The objectives of the workshop are:
- Open discussion on critical raw materials for the EU economy involving all stakeholders;
- Presentation of the scientific basis to foster stronger policies for the protection of endangered elements in the EU;
- European Commission’s Action Plan on Critical Raw Materials and a foresight study;
- Critical Raw Materials and Horizon Europe;
- The need to widen educational efforts at all levels of society to raise awareness on the limits of material resources and the need to implement a circular economy.
Céline Wittwer, SCS