Three times a year, the Division awards a maximum of 3 “DMCCB Travel Grants” of up to 800 CHF each to PhD students and PostDocs to attend conferences or workshops (co-)organized or sponsored by the DMCCB, or organized by the EFMC or DMCCB’s partner societies (LS2, GDCh).
- DMCCB Membership
- PhD or PostDoc status
- Conference or workshop (co-)organized or sponsored by the DMCCB, or organized by the EFMC or DMCCB’s partner societies (LS2, GDCh)
- Active participation at the conference (if not possible, please explain shortly in the motivation letter (see “Application process”)).
- Maximum amount granted: 800 CHF
- The application must be submitted before the first day of the concerned event.
The DMCCB will make decisions and award the grants three times a year. The reviewing process will take place immediately after March 31st, July 31st and November 30th for all the proposals received before these dates.
To request a “DMCCB Travel Grant”, the application file should contain:
- A short motivation letter mentioning:
- Applicant’s name, email and institution
- Event name and date for which travel grant is requested
- Year in which PhD or PostDoc started
- A CV
- A short supporting statement from the supervisor
- A poster or presentation abstract. If not possible, please specify the reason in your motivation letter – a one-page “conference report” may be requested instead (this will be communicated with the decision e-mail)
- A budget (purpose of use of the requested grant). The budget can include: international travel in second class or economy fare, accommodation, registration fee, extra childcare costs triggered by the participation to the event. The total amount requested should not exceed 800 CHF.
The DMCCB can decide to cover either partially or entirely the costs presented.
The application should be sent as a single pdf file to the DMCCB treasurer () with a copy to the DMCCB president ().
The DMCCB will inform the applicants of its decision on the application per e-mail within 1 month after the informal deadline (March 31st, July 31st and November 30th) following the proposal submission.
The grant receivers should send:
- ll proofs of payment
- Proof of active participation (e.g. abstract acceptance) if applicable OR a one page “conference report” (if requested in the decision e-mail)
- Full personal and bank addresses (Swiss bank account number)
to the DMCCB Treasurer () for reimbursement within two weeks after the meeting or two weeks after the positive decision e-mail from the DMCCB, whichever comes last.
Reservations for international travels should be made early to ensure that costs remain as low as possible, and at the latest two weeks before travel.
Please note that the DMCCB reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to limit amounts covered or decline travel grant requests.
|Join the DMCCB group|
|Like us on Facebook|