Once a year, the Division grants one PhD student or junior Post-Doc with an award (“DMCCB award for PhD students and junior Post-Docs”) in the field of medicinal chemistry or chemical biology. The award consists of a certificate and a check of 500 CHF.
- DMCCB Membership
- PhD student or junior Post-Doc status (PhD title since maximally 2 years)
- The awardee will present his/her work at the fall meeting of the year the award is given.
The award will be selected by the DMCCB board based on the following criteria: quality, novelty and interest of the submitted publication, as well as extent of personal contribution. The deadline for applications is the same as the deadline for abstract submission of the Fall meeting.
To apply for a “DMCCB award”, the nomination dossier should contain:
- A short motivation letter describing the personal contribution of the nominee to the work submitted for consideration.
- A one-page curriculum vitae
- One selected first-author publication in a peer reviewed journal (co-first author also accepted)
- An abstract of the proposed award lecture
The application should be sent as a single pdf file to the DMCCB vice president () with a copy to the DMCCB president ().
The DMCCB will inform the applicants of its decision on the nomination at the time the program for oral presentations at the Fall Meeting is communicated.