This five-day Medicinal Chemistry School that is organized by the Division of Medicinal Chemistry and Chemical Biology of the Swiss Chemical Society will focus on most modern aspects associated with small molecule drug discovery, highlighting the methodologies and technologies supporting hit generation, lead finding and lead optimization campaigns.
Visit the website: https://scmc18.chemistrycongresses.ch/en/
In the beautiful and scenic village of Leysin, close to Lake Geneva, more than 100 young scientists are expected to meet with app. 35 international renowned expert speakers and instructors.
As in previous years, the teaching content will be targeted at young scientists working in the area of medicinal chemistry, but also from flanking disciplines such as biochemistry, pharmacy, pharmacology, or biophysics from the pharmaceutical and biotech industry. Given the broad spectrum and the timeliness of scientific topics discussed, the course also provides a valuable opportunity for advanced medicinal chemists to get acquainted with most recent developments in e.g. the medicinal chemistry of novel target families, novel compound classes, and most modern optimization paradigms. In addition, a number of PhD students and postdocs will be able to attend to receive a broad overview on scientific disciplines involved in modern drug discovery.
The upcoming event will thematically be structured along key topics of strategic relevance for medicinal chemistry that will be presented by opinion leaders in the field. The teaching content will further be intensified by hands-on tutorials in which the theoretical learning’s can immediately be applied to real life problems of pre-clinical drug discovery.
- Dr. Karin Briner, Vice President and Global Head of Discovery Chemistry at the Novartis Institute for BioMedical Research
- Dr. Nicholas A. Meanwell, Executive Director at Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Dr. Peter Grootenhuis, Senior Director at Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- Prof. Dr. Gerhard Klebe, Univeristy of Marburg
- Dr. Jonathan Mason, Drug Design and Computational Chemistry Expert at Heptares Therapeutics
- Dr. Andy Phillips, Chief Scientific Officer and President at C4 Therapeutics
David Spichiger, SCS