We are pleased to announce the call for applications to the
“PIs of tomorrow: The Future of Swiss Research”
session at the next LS2 Annual Meeting 2022 which will be held in Geneva, 17-18 February 2022. This session offers postdocs interested in an academic career an opportunity to present a plenary talk similar in format to a professorship interview seminar.
Selected participants will have the chance to get a slot for a 15-minute presentation, which should appeal to a broad audience and in which the achievements accomplished and the proposed future research is to be explained. The talk will be followed by a 10-minute discussion on various aspects of the proposed activity, as well as on career-oriented aspects of the presenter. A knowledgeable jury panel of professors will evaluate the presentations.
The best presentation will be awarded a prize. However, everyone is a winner, as all presenters in the session will receive feedback from the jury in a one-on-one private session afterward. Moreover, as a participant in the LS2 Annual Meeting 2022, you will have the opportunity to expand or refresh your network in Switzerland via interaction with scientists in and outside your field. Only applicants having ties to Switzerland will be considered(i.e. Swiss citizenship, Swiss residency, past or ongoing affiliation with a Swiss institution of at least two years by the 2022 meeting). Independent position holders are not eligible.
The following documents are required for the application:
- Cover letter highlighting your career path, interest, and motivation to become an independent researcher (max. 1 page)
- Research plan including feasibility (e.g. tentative timeline, technical expertise), methodology, the significance of the proposed research, and their societal impact (max. 1 page)
- Graphical abstract – overview of the proposed project/research plan (max. 1 page)
- CV with information about grants, research mobility, teaching and leadership experience, collaborations, outreach activities and publication list supporting the application (max. 2 pages)
For cover letter and research plan, use the text formatting as Arial 12pt, 1.5 paragraph spacing, and justified aligned.
- Scientific quality of proposed research
- Novelty and creativity
- Relevance and impact
- Research output
- Collaborations, networks and outreach
- Teaching and leadership
- Independence and maturity
To apply, please follow the guidelines in the application link below to upload your documents in a single pdf file (max. 5 MB): https://form.jotform.com/PIOT2022
Applications must be received by October 1st, 2021 (23:59 CET). Questions to the session should be addressed to . We are looking forward to your application and hope to welcome you in February 2022at the LS2 meeting!
Dr. Shalu Jhanwar, Dr. Mehdi Badaoui, Dr. Amado Carreras Sureda, Dr. Paola Martinez Murillo
Chairs of PIs of Tomorrow
Dr. Adela Calvente Arroyo and Dr. Jessica Plucain
LS2 Scientific Officers and organizers of the LS2 Annual Meeting 2022 ()
David Spichiger, SCS