Sediments are sources and sinks of contaminants, and play an important role in mediating pollutants across compartments of ecosystems. Following ContaSed2015, ContaSed2020 will focus on organic and inorganic sediment contaminant classes including emerging contaminants, heavy metals and persistent organic pollutants.
Due to COVID-19 the event was rescheduled from summer 2020 to June 9-12, 2021.
If, for COVID-19 reasons, the event is online only, hybrid or travel restrictions prevent physical attendance, we will refund your conference fees in full.
Contributions dealing with empirical or modelling studies are invited to the following Sessions:
- Topic 1: From source to sink: transport and deposition of contaminants in sediments
- Topic 2: Assessing risks of contaminants in sediments: methodologies and ecotoxicological case studies
- Topic 3: Analytical tools and methods for assessing sediment contamination
- Topic 4: Fate of contaminants in depositional settings
- Topic 5: Sediments as archives of historical pollution
- Deadline for abstract submission: 26 January 2021
- Notification for acceptance of papers: 28 February 2021
- Deadline for registration (payment): 1 April 2021
- Deadline for late registration: 15 May 2021