Programming aims to build bridges across relevant application areas, between science & engineering, innovation & technology, industry and academic partners and senior scientists & early-career researchers. Highly renowned and young scientists from academia, industry and clinics present their latest scientific findings and technological breakthroughs.
Due to COVID-19 the event is rescheduled and will take place on August 17-19, 2021.
Biological surfaces and interfaces: where synthetic materials and biological systems interact with and engage each other - one of the most innovative and expanding areas of science and technology over the last two decades.
Biointerfaces International 2020 Conference follows a special format: Programming aims to build bridges across relevant application areas, between science & engineering, innovation & technology, industry and academic partners and between senior scientists & early-career researchers. Both internationally highly renowned and young scientists from academia, industry and clinics present their latest, often unpublished scientific findings and technological breakthroughs to a diverse audience.
Sessions topics BIC-2021
- Stem Cell Technology & Regenerative Medicine, Personalized Health, Gene Editing Technologies (e.g. CRISPR/Cas9)
- Organoids, Organ-on-Chip, Lab-on-Chip, 3D Imaging, Verification and Validation
- 3D Cell & Matrix Printing, Tissue Engineering
- Nanoparticulate Systems for Diagnosis and Targeted Therapy incl. (Drug) Delivery Systems and Precision Medicine
- Neuronal Interfaces, Bioelectronics and Biosensors
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Computational Modelling Approaches to Biomaterials, Biointerfaces and Biomedical Processes
- Functional Material-Biology Interfaces (to Tissue, Cells, Bacteria, Enzymes/Proteins, …), Bioinspired Responsive Surfaces, immuno-Modulatory Biointerfaces
- Progress in Surface & Interface Characterization and Imaging (static/dynamic, in-situ and ex-situ), Bio-Tribology
- Translational Challenges, Medical (MDR) & Regulatory Challenges