This five-day Medicinal Chemistry School that is organized by the Division of Medicinal Chemistry and Chemical Biology of the SCS will focus on most modern aspects associated with small molecule drug discovery.
Focus on most modern aspects associated with small molecule drug discovery, highlighting the methodologies and technologies supporting hit generation, lead finding and lead optimization campaigns.
- Dr. Sabine Hadida, Vice President at Vertex Pharmaceuticals, «the Cystis Fibrosis drug portfolio»
- Dr. Andrew Mortlock, Vice President Oncology Projects and Alliances, AstraZeneca, «A broad spectrum of drug discovery opportunities in the field of oncology with associated medicinal chemistry strategies»
- Dr. Robert Copeland, Chief Scientific Officer of Accent Therapeutics, «most modern aspects of drug discovery both, from a therapeutic perspective and a technology point of view»
- Dr. Nicholas A. Meanwell, Vice President at Bristol-Myers Squibb, «truly successful drug discovery campaign pursued at BMS that yielded in an innovative breakthrough medicine»
- Dr. Andy Phillips, Chief Executive Officer and President, C4 Therapeutics, «the concept of Targeted Protein Degradation in which synthetic conjugates of linked protein ligands are utilized to harness the innate power of the human organism to eliminate disease-causing proteins»
- Prof. Dr. Gerhard Klebe, Universisty of Marburg and Prof. Dr. Peter Tonge, Stony Brook University, New York, «The detailed aspects of thermodynamics and kinetics involved in the process of molecular recognition, and aspects of target engagement and drug action»
- Dr. Gerhard Müller, Gotham Therapeutics
- Prof. Dr. Beat Ernst, University of Basel