- Cash offer at US$ 465 per share plus special dividend of CHF 5
- offer equivalent to CHF 480 per share1
- proposed ordinary dividend of CHF 11 to be paid in addition
- New shareholder will enable strategic continuity and long-term investment in innovation
- Future IPO intended
- Syngenta will remain a global company headquartered in Switzerland
- Choice for growers worldwide ensured
Syngenta today announced that ChemChina has offered to acquire the company at US$ 465 per ordinary share plus a special dividend of CHF 5 to be paid conditional upon and prior to closing. The offer is equivalent to a Swiss franc value of CHF 480 per share1. Syngenta shareholders will in addition receive the proposed ordinary dividend of CHF 11 in May 2016. It is planned to make a facility available for the conversion of US dollar sales proceeds into Swiss francs on closing.