The Austrian Chemical Society (Gesellschaft Öesterreichischer Chemiker, GÖCH) invited the SCS to partner for their major annual chemistry event in Salzburg. To strengthen the relationship and to foster the exchange between researchers of both countries, SCS plans to participate with a delegation of about 30 researchers.
Austrian Chemistry Days 2017
September 25-28, 2017
University of Salzburg
The SCS delegation will be led by
- Prof. em. E Peter Kündig, University of Geneva
Invited lecture on Wed, 27.09.17, 14.20-15.05h
«The asymmetric catalytic activation of C-H bonds»
- Prof. Maksym Kovalenko, ETH Zürich, Werner Prize Winner 2016
Invited lecture on Tue, 26.09.17, 09.00-09.45
«Nano- and Large Single Crystals of Lead Halide Perovskites: from Bright Light Emission to Gamma Detection»
- Dr. Alain De Mesmaeker, Syngenta Crop Protection, Stein, SCS President
- Prof. Christian Bochet, University of Fribourg, SCS Vice President
- Dr. Hans Peter Lüthi, ETH Zurich, SCS Board member
- David Spichiger, SCS Executive Director
We are now calling for PhD/Postdoc applications that will complete the SCS delegation.
Travel to Salzburg: departure Zurich main station: Mon, 25.09.2017, 08:40h > Arrival in Salzburg: 14:03h
Travel back to CH: departure Salzburg: Wed, 27.09.2017, 15:56 > arrival in Zurich: 21:20h
Conference related onsite-costs will be covered by SCS:
- Participation fee for three days
- Welcome Party on Mon, 25.09.17
- Conference Evening on Thu, 26.09.17
Apply for a participation: If you are interested to be part of the SCS delegation, please send a mail to , including your abstract (template see below). A poster or oral presentation is mandatory for all Swiss participants.
David Spichiger, SCS