SCS Photochemistry Online Symposium 2020
June 19, 2020, 8.30 - 12.30
Online Conference (Zoom Meeting)
This online symposium is an initiative of the Photochemistry Section of the Swiss Chemical Society to promote the exchange within the photochemistry community in Switzerland and beyond.
This event will comprise scientific contributions from all areas of photochemistry as well as three invited lectures on the topics of ultrafast spectroscopy, environmental photochemistry and luminescent material.
Due to the COVID-19 restriction we had to reduce the format and shift the whole symposium to a virtual classroom. The health and safety of our community members are our first concern and therefore we hope that you support our approach. We strongly encourage you to register and submit your abstracts to apply for a short talk (15min) or an elevator speech (3min) in the new session that replaces the poster session.
More information are available on the website: https://scg.ch/pcs/2020
- Prof. Peter Vöhringer, University of Bonn, Germany
«Photochemical dynamics of transition metal complexes from time-resolved infrared-to-visible spectroscopies»
- Prof. Luisa De Cola, University of Strasbourg
- Prof. Kristopher McNeill, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
«Studying aquatic photochemistry with laser spectroscopy and molecular probes»
Participation to the online conference is free of charge. However, registration is mandatory.
Short Talks and Elevator Speeches
Participants are invited to submit an abstract during the registration process and to apply for a contribution:
- 5 slots for short talks (15 minute)
- 10 slots for an elevator speech (3min and max 2 slides).
Please use the provided abstract template.
- Abstract submission deadline: May 24th, 2020
- Registration deadline: June 1st, 2020
- Olivier Nicolet, HES-SO/HEIA-FR (Chair),
- Tatu Kumpulainen, University of Geneva
- Oliver Wenger, University of Basel
- Silvio Canonica, Eawag, Dübendorf
- Kurt Dietliker, ETHZ, Zürich
Céline Wittwer, SCS