On the eve of the SCS Fall Meeting on Sep5, 2013, the SCS took the opportunity to organize a VIP Dinner for speakers of the FM13, SCS award winners, sponsors and important SCS stakeholders. More than 50 guests joined the apero at Starling Hotel and the dinner later on in the Restaurant "Le Petit Manoir".
On the occation of the apéro the winners of the following SCS awards were honored
- KGF-SCS Distinguished Industrial Investigator Award: Prof. Klaus Müller, Roche & ETHZ
- KGF-SCS Senior Industrial Investigator Award: Dr. Ian Levis, Novartis and Dr. Werner Bonrath, DSM
- KGF-SCS Industrial Investigator Award: Dr. Mark Rogers-Evans, Roche
- Sanmeyer Award: Dr. Ralf Duempelmann, Dr. Pascal Steffanut, Dr. Samuel Dagorne, Dr. Stephane Bellemin, Clariant Group R&D and CNRS-Université de Strasbourg
- Grammaticakis-Neumann Award: Prof. Uwe Pischel, University of Huelva
For more details please klick here.
The dinner offered a great opportunity to enlarge the network and to discuss current topics of research. For the first time the Swiss National Technology Platform on Sustainable Chemistry (SusChem Switzerland) was presented to the comunity and refered to the official launch of the Platform at ecochem in Basel on Nov 19, 2013.
David Spichiger, SCS