7th Polymer International – IUPAC Award for Creativity in Applied Polymer Science or Polymer Technology
Recognize the achievements of your colleagues by nominating them for this award. Your nominee could win $5,000!
The award will be presented at IUPAC World Polymer Congress – MACRO 2020, 5th July – 9th July 2020 on Jeju Island, Republic of Korea. The winner will be awarded $5,000 plus travel and hotel accommodation expenses to attend MACRO 2020, where he/she will present an award lecture. The winner will be selected by the Scientific Committee, representing Polymer International and the IUPAC Polymer Division.
Please include a current resumé for the nominee including the following information in your nomination:
- Your name and address
- Full name and date of birth of nominee
- Business address of nominee
- Nominee’s academic background and education
- Nominee’s employment history (position, organization, duties, dates)
- Nominee’s publications, patents, unpublished reports, papers presented at meetings
- Nominee’s honors and awards
- Scientific achievements for which the candidate is nominated for this award
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
Deadline & Decision
Please send your nominations by email to Polymer International: before 31st October 2019.
Nominees must be up to 10 years post-PhD* on 31st December 2019, and must be available to present an award lecture at MACRO 2020.
The winner will be selected by members of the scientific committee representing Polymer International and the IUPAC Polymer Division.
*career breaks will be considered on an individual case basis
Previous PI-IUPAC Award Winners
2018: Cyrille Boyer; see announcement (13 Jan 2018)
2016: Richard Hoogenboom; see announcement (16 Feb 2016)
2014: William Dichtel; Chem. Int. May 2014, p.11; https://doi.org/10.1515/ci.2014.36.3.11b
2012: Ali Khademhosseini; Chem. Int. May 2012, p. 19
2010: Molly Stevens; Chem. Int. Mar 2010, p.17
2008: Zhenan Bao; Chem. Int. July 2008, p.19
David Spichiger, SCS