Division of Analytical Sciences (DAS)
The Division of Analytical Sciences (DAS) of the Swiss Chemical Society is a forum for analytical chemistry in the chemical sciences, materials science and the life sciences. The DAS has around 530 members.
The aims of the DAS are
- to promote all aspects of analytical chemistry and analytical sciences in Switzerland
- to disseminate information through the organization or sponsorship of meetings, seminars, workshops and lectures
- to provide a forum for knowledge transfer and discussion and for interdisciplinary collaborations
- to highlight the importance of analytical chemistry in research and education, industry, commerce and politics
- to establish and maintain links with professional societies and institutions in Switzerland and abroad
- Organize CHanalysis, an annual meeting of Swiss analytical scientists from applied and fundamental research representing academie, industry, education, and regulation.
- Publish the CHIMIA column ‘Highlights in Analytical Chemistry’.
- Chair the Session Analytical Sciences at the annual SCS Fall Meeting.
- Represent Switzerland on European level with delegates in the EuChemS Divisions of Analytical Sciences and the Division of Chemistry and the Environment, as well as in Eurachem.
- Provide further education courses in analytical sciences and quality control.
- Award excellence in science with the Simon Widmer Award, the METAS Award and the young Analytical Science Travel Award.
- Collaborate with Springer to publish the journal ‘Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry’ (ABC).