Swiss Catalysis Section (SwissCat)
SwissCat was founded in 2017 as a section of the Swiss Chemical Society and is affiliated to the Division of Fundamental Research. It represents researchers from all fields of catalysis and cooperates with different national and international partner organizations.
The aims of SwissCat are
- to represent researchers from all fields of catalysis in Switzerland and acts on their behalf in national and international organizations.
- to showcase latest developments in the field of homogeneous, heterogeneous, photo-, electro-, and bio-catalysis.
- To promote the exchange of scientific and technical knowledge
- To offers suitable networking opportunities for both academic and industrial science and technology experts.
- organize scientific events to promote the exchange of knowledge in all areas of fundamental and applied catalysis, including reactor and process technology. The Catalysis session at the Fall Meeting is one example of an annual, well established one-day event.
- represent Swiss catalysis scientists’ interest in national and international organizations, namely in the European Federation of Catalysis Societies, EFCATS or in EuChemS.
- Collaborate with other stakeholder in the field like the NCCR Catalysis, SusChem Switzerland, SCCB.
- Take the guest editor role for CHIMIA thematic issues on a regular basis.
- Support of the ChemCatChem journal (Chemistry Europe) of which the SCS holds 5% of its shares.