SusChem Switzerland is the Swiss entity of the SusChem European Technology Platform for Sustainable Chemistry. We bring together the unique diversity of Swiss leading academic institutions and chemical industries in order to discover and implement innovative solutions, with favourable environmental impact for next generations.
- to coordinate activities in Green & Sustainable Chemistry, as well as to provide platforms for experts and stakeholders for the exchange of information and know-how.
- To provide visibility for activities and initiatives with regard to Green & Sustainable Chemistry in Switzerland and support our partner to promote their activities on European level.
- To further educate on G&SC at various levels (students, academia, industrials, non-scientists). We showcase sustainable processing and the benefits of chemicals versus naturals. Explain and establish sustainability indexes.
- To bring to life novel and pre-competitive scientific collaboration models between academia and industry. To the former to drive the science, to the latter to implement it.
- To identify common area of interests and implement cross-sectorial collaborations (e.g. solvents, catalysis or the use of renewable feedstock).
- To act as influencing group to steer interest in academia versus areas of high industrial interest.
- Organize the Swiss SusChem days
- Organize meetings, seminars and workshops
- Award excellence in science with the Green & Sutainable Chemistry Award
- Represent Switzerland on European level with delegates in the European Technology platform and SusChem
- Take the guest editor role for a CHIMIA issues on aregular basis.
- Inform the community via Social Media channels and with the SFC newsletter.
Members of the Extended Board (Company Delegates)
Corinne Baumgartner, Givaudan
Felix Bobbink, Plastogaz
Philippe Corvini, FHNW Muttenz
Urs Brändle, Dottikon
Ermanno Filippi, Casale
Andreas Hafner, BASF
Stefan Hiltbrand, F. Hoffmann-La Roche
Marc Meienberger, Mettler Toledo
Gabriel Schäfer, Idorsia Pharmaceuticals
Sviatlana Siankevich, Embion
Thomas Staehrfeldt, Omya
Rudolf Stäuble, Schärer Schläpfer AG
Thomas Volkmer, Clariant
Agnes Zoller, SCG Chemicals
10. Jun 2021 - 09:00, ZHAW Wädenswil
The symposium will cover cutting edge topics of bio-catalysis, ranging from the evolution of synthetically valuable enzyme families, genetic code expansion and the design and optimization of artificial enzymes, to the development of computational approaches for enzyme engineering. In addition, the symposium will feature several successful biocatalysis examples from industry.
10. Sep 2021 - 09:00, Online Conference
The SCS Fall Meeting is the largest annual scientific event in Switzerland. It offers a unique opportunity for graduate students, post-doctoral researchers and scientists of all levels, from both, academia and industry, to share the results of their research projects.
19. Oct 2021 - 09:00, Messe Basel
Since 1959, ILMAC has been the sole Swiss industry fair for chemicals and life sciences that depicts all the industrial applications in process and laboratory technology. As a user-oriented trade fair, ILMAC is geared to experts in pharmaceuticals, chemicals, biotechnology, food, drinks, cosmetics and others.
19. Oct 2021 - 10:00, Messe Basel
The Symposium will showcase the great potential of the Flow Chemistry technology and will focus on intensification and sustainability in chemical processes. The symposium is the part of the ILMAC Basel 2021 Forum program.
20. Oct 2021 - 10:00, Messe Basel
One day conference including invited and award lectures, poster sessions, workshops, discussions and the evening event of SusChem CH.
08. Sep 2022 - 09:00, Universität Zürich, Campus Irchel, Departement für Chemie
The SCS Fall Meeting offers a unique opportunity for all members of the community to share the results of their research initiatives. With nine parallel sessions, two plenary sessions and a huge poster session the event stimulates the exchange of ideas between all generations of chemists.
24. Aug 2023 - 13:00, Universität Bern, VonRoll Areal
The SCS Fall Meeting offers a unique opportunity for all members of the community to share the results of their research initiatives. It also stimulates the exchange of ideas between all generations of chemists, often creating the seeds for new projects and collaborations.
Vol. 69, 12/2015: Energy Storage Research in Switzerland – The SCCER Heat & Electricity Storage
Vol. 67, 03/2013: Solar Energy Harvesting
Vol. 61, 12/2007: Transformation & Storage of Solar Energy
Vol. 59, 01-02/2005: World Scale Production in Switzerland