SusChem Switzerland is the Swiss entity of the SusChem European Technology Platform for Sustainable Chemistry. We bring together the unique diversity of Swiss leading academic institutions and chemical industries in order to discover and implement innovative solutions, with favourable environmental impact for next generations.
- to coordinate activities in Green & Sustainable Chemistry, as well as to provide platforms for experts and stakeholders for the exchange of information and know-how.
- To provide visibility for activities and initiatives with regard to Green & Sustainable Chemistry in Switzerland and support our partner to promote their activities on European level.
- To further educate on G&SC at various levels (students, academia, industrials, non-scientists). We showcase sustainable processing and the benefits of chemicals versus naturals. Explain and establish sustainability indexes.
- To bring to life novel and pre-competitive scientific collaboration models between academia and industry. To the former to drive the science, to the latter to implement it.
- To identify common area of interests and implement cross-sectorial collaborations (e.g. solvents, catalysis or the use of renewable feedstock).
- To act as influencing group to steer interest in academia versus areas of high industrial interest.
- Organize the Swiss SusChem days
- Organize meetings, seminars and workshops
- Award excellence in science with the Green & Sutainable Chemistry Award
- Represent Switzerland on European level with delegates in the European Technology platform and SusChem
- Take the guest editor role for a CHIMIA issues on aregular basis.
- Inform the community via Social Media channels and with the SFC newsletter.
Members of the Extended Board (Company Delegates)
Corinne Baumgartner, Givaudan
Felix Bobbink, Plastogaz
Philippe Corvini, FHNW Muttenz
Urs Brändle, Dottikon
Ermanno Filippi, Casale
Andreas Hafner, BASF
Stefan Hiltbrand, F. Hoffmann-La Roche
Marc Meienberger, Mettler Toledo
Gabriel Schäfer, Idorsia Pharmaceuticals
Sviatlana Siankevich, Embion
Thomas Staehrfeldt, Omya
Rudolf Stäuble, Schärer Schläpfer AG
Thomas Volkmer, Clariant
Agnes Zoller, SCG Chemicals
Invitation to Roundtable: how can we better connect R&I projects with industry to push the bioeconomy forward
10. Jun 2022 - 10:00, Hotel Sorrel Schaffhausen
The Roundtable is organized as part of the EU-BBI funded project FRACTION
30. Jun 2022 - 09:00, University of Bern, Department of Chemistry, Biochemistry and Pharmazie
The SwissCat Symposium is the annual meeting of the respective SCS network and brings together experts in the field of homogeneous, heterogeneous and bio-catalysis. The event also serves as a central platform for the various organizations and networks active in the field of catalysis in Switzerland.
02. Aug 2022 - 16:00, SwissTech Center Lausanne
The IPS conference offers a versatile platform to discuss the latest advances in renewable energy and storage research, and to enhance the regional and international collaborations.
28. Aug 2022 - 16:00, Lisbon Congress Centre
The ECC is a scientifically excellent European chemistry meeting that reflects the outstanding research being done in Europe as well as its role in the international scientific community.
08. Sep 2022 - 09:00, Universität Zürich, Campus Irchel, Departement für Chemie
The SCS Fall Meeting offers a unique opportunity for all members of the community to share the results of their research initiatives. With nine parallel sessions, two plenary sessions and a huge poster session the event stimulates the exchange of ideas between all generations of chemists.
28. Sep 2022 - 09:00,
Since 1959, ILMAC has been the sole Swiss industry fair for chemicals and life sciences that depicts all the industrial applications in process and laboratory technology. Focus topic: "Sustainable Solutions in Laboratory and Production".
07. Nov 2022 - 10:00, Hotel Schloss Gerzensee
The SCS Seminar on IP 2022 with focus on researchers, technology transfer managers, and others which are required to deal with life science related intellectual property, in particular patents, and enhance their capabilities to assess and manage patent related novelty, inventive step and freedom-to-operate risks.
27. Jan 2023 - 08:30, Universität Basel
The SICS is a one-day symposium with lectures, short talks and offers a unique platform for industrial scientists, working in research and process research, to present their latest results. The event will be completed with a poster session in which PhD students can also participate.
24. Aug 2023 - 13:00, Universität Bern, VonRoll Areal
The SCS Fall Meeting 2022, one of the largest annual research conferences held in Switzerland and offers a unique opportunity for all members of the community to share the results of their research initiatives and to connect with each other.
Vol. 73, 09/2019: Green and Sustainable Chemistry
Vol. 69, 12/2015: Energy Storage Research in Switzerland – The SCCER Heat & Electricity Storage
Vol. 67, 03/2013: Solar Energy Harvesting
Vol. 61, 12/2007: Transformation & Storage of Solar Energy
Vol. 59, 01-02/2005: World Scale Production in Switzerland