SusChem Switzerland is the Swiss entity of the SusChem European Technology Platform for Sustainable Chemistry. We bring together the unique diversity of Swiss leading academic institutions and chemical industries in order to discover and implement innovative solutions, with favourable environmental impact for next generations.
- to coordinate activities in Green & Sustainable Chemistry, as well as to provide platforms for experts and stakeholders for the exchange of information and know-how.
- To provide visibility for activities and initiatives with regard to Green & Sustainable Chemistry in Switzerland and support our partner to promote their activities on European level.
- To further educate on G&SC at various levels (students, academia, industrials, non-scientists). We showcase sustainable processing and the benefits of chemicals versus naturals. Explain and establish sustainability indexes.
- To bring to life novel and pre-competitive scientific collaboration models between academia and industry. To the former to drive the science, to the latter to implement it.
- To identify common area of interests and implement cross-sectorial collaborations (e.g. solvents, catalysis or the use of renewable feedstock).
- To act as influencing group to steer interest in academia versus areas of high industrial interest.
- Organize the Swiss SusChem days
- Organize meetings, seminars and workshops
- Award excellence in science with the Green & Sutainable Chemistry Award
- Represent Switzerland on European level with delegates in the European Technology platform and SusChem
- Take the guest editor role for a CHIMIA issues on aregular basis.
- Inform the community via Social Media channels and with the SFC newsletter.
Members of the Extended Board (Company Delegates)
Corinne Baumgartner, Givaudan
Felix Bobbink, Plastogaz
Philippe Corvini, FHNW Muttenz
Urs Brändle, Dottikon
Ermanno Filippi, Casale
Andreas Hafner, BASF
Stefan Hiltbrand, F. Hoffmann-La Roche
Marc Meienberger, Mettler Toledo
Gabriel Schäfer, Idorsia Pharmaceuticals
Sviatlana Siankevich, Embion
Thomas Staehrfeldt, Omya
Rudolf Stäuble, Schärer Schläpfer AG
Thomas Volkmer, Clariant
Agnes Zoller, SCG Chemicals
28. Sep 2022 - 09:00, Expo Beaulieu Lausanne
The symposium is aimed at colleagues from industry and academia who are interested in sustainable processes using flow technology and computer-aided self-learning systems.
28. Sep 2022 - 09:00,
Since 1959, ILMAC has been the sole Swiss industry fair for chemicals and life sciences that depicts all the industrial applications in process and laboratory technology. Focus topic: "Sustainable Solutions in Laboratory and Production".
07. Nov 2022 - 10:00, Hotel Schloss Gerzensee
The SCS Seminar on IP 2022 with focus on researchers, technology transfer managers, and others which are required to deal with life science related intellectual property, in particular patents, and enhance their capabilities to assess and manage patent related novelty, inventive step and freedom-to-operate risks.
27. Jan 2023 - 08:30, Universität Basel
The SICS is a one-day symposium with lectures, short talks and offers a unique platform for industrial scientists, working in research and process research, to present their latest results. The event will be completed with a poster session in which PhD students can also participate.
30. May 2023 - 08:00, Congress Center Basel
This is the world’s most diverse, stimulating, and exciting event for the future of all labs. Start-ups and disruptors will meet lab heads and lab techs, together with the tech & practice innovators.
24. Aug 2023 - 13:00, Universität Bern, VonRoll Areal
The SCS Fall Meeting 2023, one of the largest annual research conferences held in Switzerland and offers a unique opportunity for all members of the community to share the results of their research initiatives and to connect with each other.
26. Sep 2023 - 09:00, Messe Basel
Since 1959, ILMAC has been the sole Swiss industry fair for chemicals and life sciences that depicts all the industrial applications in process and laboratory technology. As a user-oriented trade fair, ILMAC is geared to experts in pharmaceuticals, chemicals, biotechnology, food, drinks, cosmetics and others.
07. Jul 2024 - 16:00, Dublin (Ireland)
The ECC is a scientifically excellent European chemistry meeting that reflects the outstanding research being done in Europe as well as its role in the international scientific community.
Vol. 73, 09/2019: Green and Sustainable Chemistry
Vol. 69, 12/2015: Energy Storage Research in Switzerland – The SCCER Heat & Electricity Storage
Vol. 67, 03/2013: Solar Energy Harvesting
Vol. 61, 12/2007: Transformation & Storage of Solar Energy
Vol. 59, 01-02/2005: World Scale Production in Switzerland